Simple Crime Prevention:
Anyone can be a target of even the simplest of crimes. Here are some tips to keep you safe in your everyday life:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and who is around you. Take time to observe what people are wearing and what they look like in case you have to describe it later to someone.
- Do not leave any items in your car that may be seen as valuable to someone else. Do not give thieves the opportunity. Put valuables in the trunk or cover them so they are not visible from the outside.
- Do not leave packages on your door step or allow mail to pile up at your door. It is a sign that you are not home or that you do not care for your mail.
- Leave a light on throughout the night inside or outside your house to tell burglars you're at home.
- When attacked, strike back by hitting a vulnerable spot or create a distraction to flee quickly.